Harrismith Private Hospital
2 June 2021
The WCA clerk will be responsible for ensuring all WCA documentation is received on admission, and this is done in a professional, friendly and timeous manner. The incumbent will also be responsible for assessing patient files for accurate accounting with Scale of Benefits, and ARS Contracts as well as assisting the Quality Review department.
- To ensure the required documents are requested for all WCA admissions.
- To liaise with Head Office WCA staff on the submission process to WCA
- To ensure all WCA documents are scanned onto SAP Hospital System
- To contact all companies that have not registered the injury for the employee and obtain a claim number.
- Assessment of patient files to ensure that all surgical, ethical, gases and equipment are recorded on account as per actual use
- Assessing of accommodation
- Final authorisation of accounts
- Application of ARS contracts
- Staying abreast of changes and implement them effectively
- Any other duties assigned by the Administration Manager or File Assessor from time to time
- Ensure all discharges are corresponding with the DNYB daily
- Ensure all files are billed as per medical aid rules
- Ensure all private patients are billed according to private tariff rules