Harrismith Private Hospital
Mental health ward
9 April 2021
The Unit Manager will be responsible for coordinating Improved Quality Nursing Care by ensuring compliance to professional and ethical practice. The incumbent will be accountable for coordinating Training, Development and Mentoring of staff in the Unit. The incumbent will also be expected to apply and manage the best and most effective operational practice by focusing on the integration of people, technology and finance drivers in ensuring that Unit costs are maintained within budget.
- Manage Acuities and Skill Mix in such a way as to ensure cost effective Quality Care.
- Manage all costs emanating from the Department.
- Ensure correct Billing, Stock Management and Ordering.
- Facilitate timeous and accurate Compilation of Files.
- Ensure the unit is providing safe, cost effective quality patient care in line with the Clinical Governance strategy and evidence based practice.
- Evaluate the patient’s journey through patient experience and stakeholder input.
- Evaluate Nursing Quality Indicators and Clinical Outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families and parents regarding the patient’s care.
- Promote health and well-being of Patients and staff.
- Ensure the principles of Infection Prevention and all standard precautions are adhered to.
- Implementing group Quality Initiatives.
- Ensure patient confidentiality.