Hillcrest Private Hospital
25 November 2020
- Manage Acuities and Skill Mix in such a way as to ensure cost effective Quality Care.
- Ensure correct Billing, Stock Management and Ordering/replenishment.
- Facilitate timeous and accurate compilation of files
- Identify Quality Improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate strategy and Quality Improvement initiatives are developed and measured.
- Manage, advise and influence the delivery of cost-effective quality nursing care whilst enhancing the Patient Journey through monitoring and intervention.
- Manage and support cost efficient nursing care whilst ensuring quality care, policies and SOPs are maintained
- Participate in the implementation of National Core Standards and other Busamed audits and quality initiatives and any other duties assigned by Management
- Conduct active patient surveillance for Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) liaising with nursing staff and doctors
- Implement an IPC programme tailored to the needs of the ward and in alignment with hospital IPC strategy.
- Monitor IPC compliance and identify areas of non-compliance through clinical audits and CSA, remedial action to be implemented and assessed for effectiveness.
- Investigate all negative Infection Prevention & Control incidents / Adverse events and ensure appropriate recording and intervention.
- Maintain and update Barnowl: incident reporting, initiation and closure of Action Plans and regular review of department’s Risk Register and mitigation of risk.
- Ensure compliance with Protocols, Policies and Acts.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act.
- Maintenance of Asset Register and contents (including all equipment and ward environment), ensuring service schedule is met, repairs signed off and maintenance schedule facilitated.
- Ensure adherence to requirements of POPI Act and Patient Confidentiality
- Evaluate Nursing Quality Indicators and Clinical Outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families and parents regarding the patient’s care.
- Ensure the principles of Infection Prevention and all standard precautions are adhered to.
- Participate in hospital-cover (weekend call etc); rotational cover of Night Manager absence and scheduled time to work with and meet staff on Night Duty
- Facilitate a culture that is supportive of talent management and the initiation of required implementations to hone nursing talent
- Monitor and Control Staff Attendance and/or Absenteeism and ensure action is taken accordingly.
- Facilitate personal and professional staff development through an active coaching and mentoring programme aligned to the yearly Performance Development Programme (PDP)