Hillcrest Private Hospital
3 December 2021
The Unit Manager will be responsible for coordinating Improved Quality Nursing Care for the unit by ensuring compliance to professional and ethical practice. The incumbent will be accountable for coordinating Training, Development and Mentoring of staff. The incumbent will also be expected to apply and manage the best and most effective operational practice by focusing on the integration of people, technology and finance drivers in ensuring that Unit costs are maintained within budget.
- Administer and supervise thus ensuring standards for quality nursing care are met in the ward, evaluate on an on-going basis and take appropriate action.
- Monitor and enforce ward standards, procedures and staff performance. Manage unit activities including irregularities and policy violations and take corrective and follow up action. Perform clinical instruction as necessary.
- Control drugs as per regulations of the Pharmacy Act (Act 53 of 1974), perform checks on drug totals and drug register, ensure that procedures and recording are adhered to. Rationalise and control emergency stock. Set stock standard levels.
- Monitor and manage staff attendance and ensuring coverage of ward at all times. Complete duty roster and record books in accordance with Employment Act. Allocate staff, based on workload and level of competence ensuring optimal staff usage and maintaining the stability of nurse/patient ratio.
- Promote and maintain good working and inter-personnel relationships with management, patients, staff, doctors and colleagues. Co-ordinate the activities of all hospital departments to provide uniformity of direction.
- Demonstrate professional ethics and leadership qualities. Maintain standards and conduct to the S A Nursing Act and SANC Regulations
- Conduct frequent patient rounds and provide top quality, customer-centric service
- Ensure processes are in line with the working procedures and policies of Busamed Hillcrest