15 February 2021
The Night Manager will be responsible for coordinating Improved Quality Nursing Care by ensuring compliance to professional and ethical practice. The incumbent will be accountable for coordinating Training, Development and Mentoring of staff in the Hospital. The incumbent will also be expected to apply and manage the best and most effective operational practice by focusing on the integration of people, technology and finance drivers in ensuring that costs are maintained within budget.
- Provide and supervise thus ensuring standards for quality nursing care are met in the hospital, evaluate on an on-going basis and take appropriate action.
- Monitor and enforce standards, procedures and staff performance. Manage hospital activities including irregularities and policy violations and take corrective and follow up action. Perform clinical instruction as necessary.
- Monitor and manage staff attendance and ensuring coverage of hospital at all times. Allocate staff, based on workload and level of competence ensuring optimal staff usage and maintaining the stability of nurse/patient ratio.
- Display visible leadership to night staff by conducting frequent hospital rounds to ensure quality, customer-centric service .
- Providing direction and inspiring positive work behaviour in order to keep staff motivated and productive.
- Promote and maintain good working and inter-personnel relationships with management, patients, staff, doctors and colleagues. Co-ordinate the activities of all hospital departments to provide uniformity of direction.
- Participating in meetings in order to ensure productive and meaningful relationships with external stakeholders
- Ensure processes are in line with policies and procedures of Busamed Bram Fischer International Airport Private Hospital