Harrismith Private Hospital
24 January 2020
The Night Manager will be responsible for coordinating Improved Quality Nursing Care by ensuring compliance to professional and ethical practice. The incumbent will be accountable for coordinating Training, Development and Mentoring of staff in the Hospital. The incumbent will also be expected to apply and manage the best and most effective operational practice by focusing on the integration of people, technology and finance drivers in ensuring that costs are maintained within budget.
- Administer and supervise thus ensuring standards for quality nursing care are met in the hospital, evaluate on an on-going basis and take appropriate action.
- Monitor and enforce standards, procedures and staff performance. Manage hospital activities including irregularities and policy violations and take corrective and follow up action. Perform clinical instruction as necessary.
- Control drugs as per regulations of the Pharmacy Act (Act 53 of 1974), perform checks on drug totals and drug register, ensure that procedures and recording are adhered to. Rationalise and control emergency stock.
- Monitor and manage staff attendance and ensuring coverage of hospital at all times. Allocate staff, based on workload and level of competence ensuring optimal staff usage and maintaining the stability of nurse/patient ratio.
- Promote and maintain good working and inter-personnel relationships with management, patients, staff, doctors and colleagues. Co-ordinate the activities of all hospital departments to provide uniformity of direction.
- Demonstrate professional ethics and leadership qualities. Maintain standards and conduct to the South African Nursing Act and SANC Regulations
- Conduct frequent hospital rounds and provide top quality, customer-centric service
- Ensure processes are in line with the working procedures and policies of Busamed Harrismith Private Hospital