Gateway Private Hospital
03 February 2020
Busamed Gateway Private Hospital is recruiting a Handyman who will be responsible for the following:
Supervision will be by a technically competent person relating to the area being work
Assisting the Technical Manager with the maintenance and repair of hospital building and equipment as and when required.
To ensure that all aspects of the health and safety program required of the hospital facility is
carried out with accuracy and accountability.
- To carry out all preventative, planned and reactive maintenance requirements and contribute to a comprehensive and effective facilities management structure thus ensuring optimum consistency and compliance of all essential equipment with minimum disruption to key areas of the hospital.
- To carry out all administered checklists to the best of your ability and ensure that all the main components of the equipment are working as per manufacturer design specifications.
- To efficiently report all findings and ensure that immediate remedial measures are taken to minimise any downtime of the equipment.
- Assistance with related ad-hoc functions.
- Performing unsupervised basic maintenance of Hospital facilities and equipment.
- Unsupervised tasks will include (but not limited to):
- plumbing and maintenance of water reticulation
- repairs and maintenance to electrical/mechanical beds, trolleys, stretchers and wheelchairs
- General cleaning and maintenance of Hospital plant rooms
- ensuring that the aesthetics of the public areas are always well maintained