Admissions process at Busamed
On admission you will need to complete a few admission forms. To make things easier on the day of your admission and to ensure that we can meet your personal needs, we have made a checklist for you to use as you prepare for your admission.
Admission Information: Private-patients:
A prepayment is required on hospitalisation from patients not covered by medical aid. It is suggested that private
patients contact the accounts department prior to admission to establish the estimated hospital cost.
Medical Aid Patients
Please consult with your medical aid prior to admission obtaining pre-authorisation if necessary. Any short payments
by your medical aid will be for your own account.
Medical Aid Card And ID Book
Must be produced on admission otherwise patient will be treated as private,
Private/semi Private Wards
Medical aid patients requesting private wards will be expected to pay the private ward rate on admission. Please note
private wards are subject to availability.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Medical Aid Card
- ID Book or driver’s license
- Admission letter from specialist
- X-rays / Scans
- Chronic Medication in original packaging
- Overnight bag with Toiletries, sleepwear and cotton underwear
- Medical Aid Authorization Number
- Contact person: Name, Relationship and Telephone No
- Laptop lock ( if you bring your laptop)
What NOT TO bring with you on admission:
- Large amounts of cash
- Perfume / after shave
- Although we take substantial measures to ensure safety of your belongings, kindly note that we do not hold liability for your possessions and/or electronic devices