Admissions process at Busamed
On admission you will need to complete a few forms. To make things easier on the day of your admission and to ensure that we can meet your personal needs, we have made a checklist for you to use as you prepare.
Admission Information: Private-patients:
A prepayment is required on hospitalisation from patients not covered by medical aid. It is suggested that private patients contact the accounts department prior to admission to establish the estimated hospital cost.
Medical Aid Patients
Please consult with your medical aid prior to admission obtaining pre-authorisation if necessary. Any short payments by your medical aid will be for your own account.
Medical aid card and SA Identification Document must be produced on admission otherwise patient will be treated as private.
Private/semi Private Wards
Medical aid patients requesting private wards will be expected to pay the private ward rate on admission. Please note private wards are subject to availability.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
To ensure your admission and stay is as pleasurable as possible, the following essentials should be packed:
- Medical Aid Card
- SA Identification Document
- Admission letter from specialist
- X-rays / Scans
- Chronic medication in original packaging
- Overnight bag with toiletries, sleepwear, and cotton underwear
- Medical aid authorisation number
- Emergency contact person information (name, relationship, and telephone number)
- Laptop lock (if you bring your laptop)
- Comfortable clothes
- Cellphone charger
- Any equipment used in your care (crutches, prosthetics, CPAP machine, hearing aids, eyeglasses, for example)
Suggestion: Keep your paperwork together.
What NOT to bring with you:
- Large amounts of cash
- Perfume / after shave
- Electronic equipment
Note that the Hospital is not responsible for lost or stolen items.