Admissions process at Busamed
On admission you will need to complete a few admission forms. To make things easier on the day of your admission and to ensure that the Hospital can meet your personal needs, there is a checklist for you to use as you prepare for your admission. If children are not accompanied by their legal guardian, please bring the relevant consent with you on the day of admission
Admission Information: Private-patients:
A prepayment is required on hospitalisation from patients not covered by medical aid. It is suggested that private patients contact the accounts department prior to admission to establish the estimated hospital cost.
Medical Aid Patients
Please consult with your medical aid prior to admission obtaining pre-authorisation if necessary. Any short payments by your medical aid will be for your own account.
Medical aid card and SA Identification Document must be produced on admission otherwise patient will be treated as private.
Private/semi Private Wards
Medical aid patients requesting private wards will be expected to pay the private ward rate on admission. Please note
private wards are subject to availability.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Medical aid card
- ID Book or driver’s license
- Admission letter from specialist
- X-rays and scans
- Chronic Medication in original packaging
- Overnight bag with toiletries, sleepwear and cotton underwear
- Medical aid authorisation number
- Contact person: name, relationship, and telephone number
- Laptop lock (if you bring your laptop)
What NOT TO bring with you on admission:
- Large amounts of cash
- Perfume / after shave
- Cell Phone and electronic equipment
- Note that the Hospital is not responsible for lost or stolen items.